Tuesday, April 3, 2018

TBF Author Interview with Roshani Chokshi

Hello TBF readers!

Happy April! You know what that means, don't you? We can officially say that TBF is NEXT MONTH! Who's excited?! I talked to Roshani Chokshi, the author of THE STAR-TOUCHED QUEEN, A CROWN OF WISHES, and ARU SHAH AND THE END OF TIME. Take a look:

Miranda Reads: What was it like to team up with Rick Riordan to bring ARU SHAH AND THE END OF TIME?

Roshani Chokshi: There are a host of metaphors I could use to describe this feeling. I'll give you a couple: "like having a tame dragon show up at your doorstep and say: 'I know you wanted a car, but I'm much better transport and we'll fight monsters! And I've got cupholders!" Or "guzzling moonlight." You get the idea . . . it's a dream. Aru's story has been itching at my brain for eons, and I'm honored that her story will launch the imprint.

Miranda Reads: Many readers, including myself, want to know more about Hindu myths and gods. Do you have any recommendations to get us started?

Roshani Chokshi: If you can, find all the Amar Chitra Katha comic books. Those got me hooked on Hindu myths! Otherwise, I really enjoyed the Ganguli translation of the Mahabharata.

Miranda Reads: What was the last book that made you laugh?

Roshani Chokshi: I was recently rereading Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett which is an eternal favorite and always makes me giggle.

Miranda Reads: Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what kind of music? Do you have a playlist?

Roshani Chokshi: Sometimes? Depends on my mood. For drawn out action sequences, I like writing to film scores. I turned to Assassin's Creed *a lot* for my upcoming YA, THE GILDED WOLVES. For ARU, it was more songs to get me in the mood to write her . . . which meant the soundtrack of Legally Blonde and a couple of my favorite Bollywood songs Iike "Nashe Si Chadgh Gayi" from the movie Befikre.

Miranda Reads:
Which TBF Author are you most excited to meet this year?

Roshani Chokshi: Tamora Pierce!! I grew up reading her books. Otherwise, I'm so excited to hang out with my friends, like Dhonielle Clayton (author of the upcoming THE BELLES--which is fantastic)

Thank you so much, Roshani! We are absolutely excited to meet you in May!

You can purchase Roshani's books at Barnes and Noble or Amazon (Be sure to use Amazon Smile and make the Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival as your charitable organization) or check out her books at your local library!

That's it for today! Be sure to check out the blog again for more author interviews, book reviews, and fun posts!

Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment