Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday Fun Post: Dear Roshani Chokshi

Dear Roshani Chokshi,

Hi! Let me start out by saying I am incredibly excited to see you at TBF. I read your first novel, The Star-Touched Queen, when I was in middle school after a friend raved about it to me, and it was one of those books that I had to read a second time because it had gone by so quickly (I think I read it in a day!) and it had left my mind whirling. I can’t remember the story that well, but I can remember one specific moment- it was a forgiveness, and I remember thinking how powerful it was. Last year, I read your companion novel, A Crown of Wishes, and from that experience I remember staying up to midnight, stifling my laughter at Gauri and Vikram’s exchanges because everyone else was asleep. Their banter was so memorable, and they complemented each other perfectly. Your stories left feelings with me, even if I can’t remember everything that happened. It’s been a while, but I’ll definitely revisit them before TBF.

I’m also incredibly excited to read your newest book Aru Shah and the End of Time. I was absolutely thrilled to receive it, and even though I haven’t had the time to read it yet, it’s high on my list of priorities.

In all, thank you for your magical stories and I can’t wait to see you at TBF!

Best wishes,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment