Friday, February 9, 2018

Friday Fun Post: My Experience as a TBF Attendee

Hey readers! For this weeks Friday Fun Post I'm writing about the first year I went to TBF, Teen Book Fest 11 in 2016. I was incredibly excited after having learned about it from the amazing founder herself, Stephanie Squicciarini at my home library.

The first thing I did when I arrived before going to a session I headed to the bookstore that was set up and bought a few books by authors I was planning on seeing later in the day. (A coveted TBF Tip is to go to the store during sessions to avoid some crowd and a big line, but if you want definite first picks on books I'd recommend going first thing in the morning.) My favorite part of the day was the last author session I attended by Jesse Andrews. He was one of the biggest authors going that year and so getting to hear him speak about his books that I loved and later meeting about him was amazing.

After the sessions, authors start signing books in the main hall area as well as in a few other locations, so I recommend making sure you know where all your favorite authors are going to be to get your newly purchased (or brought from home!) copies signed. The books I've gotten signed at TBF over the years are some of my most prized possessions alongside the memories of meeting these authors.

If you aren't planning on volunteering this year (more info about volunteering here) I know you'll still have an incredible day at TBF and most likely end up treasuring those memories forever! Feel free to check out our website for all the latest TBF news, information on all attending authors, as well as to learn more about TBF's history and past events.

-Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment